Monday, 24 February 2014

Breakfast Yumminess

Hello tea time buddies,

In the midst of trying to prove to my boyfriend that I can indeed cook, I decided to try a tweaked version of french toast i.e. Nutella Cinnamon French Rolls. (PS: They're super easy to make!)

If you're interested in trying them out for yourself, here are the ingredients:


10 Slices of White Bread
Nutella
Sugar
1 large egg
Cinnamon
Butter for Frying
1 and a half tablespoons of milk

1. Start by removing the crust from the bread, then carefully flatten the bread using a rolling pin until its nice and thin.
2. Cover one side of the flattened bread slices with Nutella
3. Roll up the bread, with the Nutella covered side on the inside and make sure they're nice and tight. You can use some more Nutella to seal them.
4. Whisk the egg and milk together in a bowl
5. Dip the rolled bread into the egg- milk mixture and fry them until they're a nice golden color.
6. For the final cinnamon touches, mix some sugar and cinnamon onto a flat plate and role the freshly fried Nutella roles.
7. Eat :)

I really love this recipe and so did all my family. On the plus side I also managed to impress the boyfriend!

I think this recipe could also easily double as a dessert, combined with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. YUM!

Do you have any simple recipes for breakfast? Let me know in the comments below.

Love,

Chanelle xo





No comments:

Post a Comment